My husband and I are first-time homebuyers and are every bank's dream - excellent credit, no debt, great assets, large down payment, steady job, great rental history.We found our dream home at a price we could afford because it was a foreclosure and were SO excited to buy it.

We had some funds sitting in a family business collecting interest until we needed it, so we withdrew the funds and that's where the trouble started. Provident put us under the microscope for these funds and demanded a ridiculous amount of paperwork on them. Every time we submitted what they asked for they said it wasn't good enough and demanded more. Finally they demanded paperwork that simply didn't exist and there was nothing else we could provide.

This dragged on for 2 months, going past our scheduled closing date, which cost us even more money. In the end we could not get the mortgage because of this *** situation, and we lost the house. Not only that, we paid for an appraisal and a home inspection that is now money down the drain, and we are expected to lose our earnest money too. DO NOT EVER USE PROVIDENT.

Thanks, Provident, for smashing the dreams of some very excited people and for eating up our money in the process.I will be telling everyone I know to never ever do business with you.

Review about: Provident Funding Mortgage.

Had an Experience with Provident Funding?

Comments

You need to contact the Texas Department of Saving & Lending to file your complain and ask for appraisal money back, also seek other damages.