Provident funding has had my loan for the past 10 years and had always paid the property taxes in December of each year.This year they changed and didn't pay them until January which means I am unable to write off the property taxes on my 2011 tax return.

This will end up costing me over $2800. When I spoke to a supervisor he could not explain why they changed after all these years. He also refused to let me speak to his supervisor or give me the name of the head of the company so I could write them.

The supervisor also refused to give me his last name.I will never do business with Provident Funding again!

Review about: Provident Funding Loan.

Had an Experience with Provident Funding?

Comments

The same thing has happened to us and has cost us over $1000 in taxes that will never be recuperated.Customer service said nothing but that they had "fulfilled their contractual agreement".

I guess they felt no moral or ethical obligation to notify us of the change in 2011 so we could have paid the taxes ourselves.

I can't believe we have no recourse!:(

What could we do about it? File complaints at BBB?

Same thing happened to us. Just got off the phone with them and they said it was a "company policy change for Texas". When I asked why the policy change he said it was a decision by uppper management but refused to tell me the reason for the change.

Uneducated consumers.Delete your escrow accounts and may your taxes on your own.

Lenders are required to pay ur taxes on time not earlier for a tax benefit.

Also If the tax pmt was for the 2011 quater they would be claimable.If only there were tests for uneducated borrowers!

Lenders are required to pay ur taxes on time not earlier for a tax benefit.

WOW...you guys are right! I just check my online statement and no taxes has been paid!!!!

#420913

Same thing happened to us.We were told the taxes were paid electronically through a "third party".

When asked to disclose who the "third party" was they refused and hung up on us.

Our taxes remain unpaid as of today, Feb.1,2012.

#420632

Same thing happened to us.No explanation given; just a rote answer repeated over and over.

This cost us $7,000+ deduction. Found out they paid the taxes the very last day possible without a penalty.

Are they having money problems?Very fishy.